No products in the cart
All About Flower Gardening Webinar Package
If you’re interested in growing flowers, flowering shrubs and vines, this All About Flower Gardening Webinar Package is for you! I have bundled together 9 of my webinars into a package that will help you grow Cottage Gardens, Pollinator Gardens, Bird Friendly Gardens, Bulb Gardens, Summer Bulks, Lilacs and Hydrangeas and Flowering Vines. I also included webinars on Native and Invasive Plants and Lawn Care including information on Growing a Bee Friendly Lawn.
In each webinar I give specific tips on how to garden, show inspiring and descriptive photos of the topics and answer some common questions at the end. Each webinar includes a 1 hour powerpoint presentation followed by up to ½ hour of Q/As.
These webinars normally cost $9.99 each. However, in this package, the 9 webinars only cost $49.99. That’s a $40 saving!
All About Flower Gardening Webinar Package
Click to purchase for $49.99
Included in this package
- Different types of bulbs to grow in different places in your yard
- Some unusual bulb types to grow including species tulips and fall flowering bubs
- How to plant them properly
- Fertilizing and dividing bulbs to keep them flowering
- Techniques for protecting bulbs from critters
- Planting bulbs in containers and forcing them including amaryllis
- Growing garlic and shallots in the garden.
Gardening for the Birds:
- The best ways to feed birders using feeders
- Why native plants are better for birds than exotics
- The best trees, shrubs, and vines for natural bird food
- Ways to create habitats in your yard to promote bird nesting
- The best water sources for birds.
- Supporting bird populations with bird houses and shelters
Natives, Invasives & Weeds
- Common definitions of native and exotic plants and where I stand
- Selecting some good native flowers, shrubs and trees that can fill multiple roles in the landscape.
- When do you call a plant invasive?
- How to control annual weeds such as purslane
- How to control perennial weeds such as horsetail and gout weed
- How to control woody weeds such as buckthorn and poison ivy
- Organic and safe ways to control tough to kill weeds.
Grow A Pollinator Garden
- What is a Pollinator Garden and why are they important?
- Different types of common and uncommon pollinators
- Principles used in creating a pollinator garden such as flower, shrub, bulb and ground cover selections.
- Elements of a successful pollinator garden includes water, shelter, habitat, food and pollen.
- The best types of plants for pollinators
- Examples of annuals, perennials, shrubs, and trees that are good plants to integrate into a pollinator garden
- The history of Cottage Gardens
- Elements, such as hedges, fences, arbors, benches and water features, that can be used in cottage gardening
- Examples of traditional and non traditional cottage garden flowers
- Using shrubs and trees in the cottage garden
- Creating garden rooms, focal points and color patterns in your cottage garden
Growing Flowering Vines
- Different types of woody, perennial and annual vines to grow in different places in your yard, with some unusual ones, too.
- How vines attach themselves to structures and which ones may need help
- The best locations to plant vines for growth and so they don’t harm your building’s siding or overwhelm a structure.
- Good plant partners in the garden for climbing vines.
- How to limit pest problems on your vines.
- How to overwinter tender perennial vines, such as mandevilla, in the North
Growing Summer Bulbs
- The differences between hardy and tender summer bulbs and which bulbs fall in which categories
- Detailed descriptions of the major summer bulbs with best varieties
- Some unusual summer bulbs to try
- Ways to use summer bulbs in your garden design
- Using of summer bulbs as cut flowers
- The care of the various summer bulbs with emphasis on flowering and pest control
- When and how to divide summer bulbs
- Storage of tender summer bulbs
Lilacs & Hydrangeas
- The best types and varieties of lilacs and hydrangeas for your landscape
- The best location to grow your lilacs and hydrangeas for light, soil and water needs.
- Ways to care for these shrubs including watering and fertilizing
- How to prune lilacs and hydrangeas.
- How to propagate these shrubs to get more plants
- Sleuthing common problems with your lilacs and hydrangeas
Lawn Care & Growing A Bee Friendly Lawn
- Choosing the best grass varieties for your landscape
- The differences between sowing seeds vs laying sod
- Repairing thin or bare patches in your lawn
- Overseeding the lawn with more grass seed
- Topdressing the lawn with compost
- Reducing weeds in your lawn.
- Creating a Bee Friendly lawn by sowing low growing flowers and adjusting your mowing routine